2017 Summer League U9–U11
Players born 2006–2008
Welcome new and returning players to the 2017 summer league season! This page provides information about:
- Player Registration and Payments
- Financial Assistance
- Key Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Register and pay using the LOGIN button on this page
- On-time registration ended February 23; team placement will be on “space available” basis
- Pay online using Visa/MasterCard or by check; follow the online instructions.
- Registration is first-come, first-served determined by payment receipt date. Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Club fees are listed below. The club fee covers: paid professional coaches, age group training, MYSA dues, insurance, field rental fees, referees and officials for league matches, and club administrative costs. Not included in Club Fee: uniforms, and team fees, which cover tournaments and other team-specific expenses.
- Watch for an auto-confirmation via email.
|Game Format||6-vs-6||6-vs-6||8-vs-8, offsides rule in effect|
|Girls Game Nights||Tue, Thu||Mon, Wed||C1: Tue, Thu
C2: Mon, Wed
C3: Tue, Thu
|Boys Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tue, Thu||C1: Mon, Wed
C2: Tue, Thu
C3: Mon, Wed
|Contacts||2–3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun||2–3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun||2–3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun|
|Tournaments||Typ. 1 local||Typ. 1–2 local||Typ. 1–2 local|
|Team Fees||Est. $25–$75
Blackhawks is committed to making soccer affordable to all interested players. Approximately 20% of our players are awarded financial assistance each year covering some of the Club Fees. See Financial Assistance for details and application.
- December 21–February 23: Registration and payment period
- February 12: U9–U11 Age Group Evaluations
- March 7: Summer 2017 teams announced
- March 20: Watch for informational email with your coach and team manager information
- March 27–31: Team meetings scheduled
- April 10–14: Outdoor practices begin (weather permitting)
- May 1: MYSA league games may begin
- July 11: MYSA league games must end
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When and how will I find out which team my player is on? A. We will announce team placements March 7. All players must be registered before they can be placed on a team. If you notify us promptly that you choose not to accept your roster spot, Blackhawks will issue a refund in accordance with our Refund Policy.
Q. What MYSA level will my player participate? A. At each age group, we will place our players and teams in the appropriate MYSA level based on our assessment scores and coaches’ evaluations. We challenge our more developed players at the maroon, C1, and C2 levels, while the majority of developmental teams in our club (and in our state) participate at the Gold and C3 level. We do our best to make multiple even-strength teams at the Gold and C3 levels.
Q. Can my player play up an age level? A. We allow U8s to play up at the U9 level, as this is the earliest age that MYSA and Blackhawks offer traveling soccer. All developmental players (U9–U11) are expected to register and attend their age appropriate evaluations. In some cases, it may be appropriate for a player to play-up an age group. Please contact Chris or Viktor if questions.
Q. What additional items will my team manager collect after my player has been assigned to a team? A. After team formation, team managers will collect a player photo for MYSA player passes, a medical liability waiver form, birth certificate, and team/tournament fees.
Q. How can I volunteer? A. Volunteers drive the continued success of our Developmental Program. Being a team manager is the most common volunteer position. Blackhawks offers Team Managers a $100 discount on registration fees via reimbursement.
Q. When and how often will teams practice? A. Teams will usually practice one or two times per week, begin in late March and running through the season. MYSA league games (one or two per week) are scheduled between May 1 and July 11. Teams involved in post-league play may extend practices as needed.
Q. What should my player bring to practice? A. Players need soccer cleats and indoor shoes, soccer ball (size 4), water bottle, shin guards, and great sportsmanship.
Q. Do teams play in tournaments? A. U9 and U10 Teams will participate in the Blackhawks Spring/Summer Festival. Each team decides individually if they will participate in an additional tournament in the Twin Cities. Maroon, C1, and C2 teams may choose to participate in additional tournaments, possibly including travel. Tournaments are normally held on weekends and run from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Tournaments may be pre-season (just before league play begins), during the season, or post-season (in July after league play ends).
Q. Where is Blackhawks Soccer Center? A. 875 Orchard Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55103
Q. What happens after Evaluations? A. To be placed on a Blackhawks team for the Summer 2016 season, players should be registered online (use the LOGIN button on this page). We will email team notifications to the address provided in your Blackhawks Blue Sombrero account. You will also receive an informational email from your team manager in early March.
If you have any other questions not answered above about registration or programming, please contact us.
Programs and Coaching Chris Scanlon, email@example.com 651-894-3527
Registration Dawn Ellerd, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-709-3872
Other helpful people are listed on the Contacts page
- U5–U11 Girls and Boys Directors (listed under Board of Directors)
- Girls and Boys Age Group Coordinators