2018 U11–U14 Fall League Information
Players born Jan 2005 – Dec 2008
Welcome new and returning Blackhawks soccer players to the 2018 fall season! The fall session is a quick, fun season providing more chances to improve skills, tactics, and love of our beautiful game. This page provides a comprehensive overview of the fall soccer league program for the U11 – U14 age groups. You will find information on:
- Coaching Philosophy – developing the complete player
- Season Previews – details by competitive division and age group
- Participant Costs – summary of costs, payment plans, and financial assistance
- Uniforms – only players new to Blackhawks will need to acquire a uniform for this season
- More Information – additional resources including contacts
» See also: Tryout Info U11–U19
Saint Paul Blackhawks Soccer Club is committed to giving each player the tools to become a complete player. A complete player displays mastery of both technical and tactical aspects of the game as well as character growth. We believe that soccer can be a medium to develop youth physically, mentally, and socially. We aim to produce skilled players who exhibit respect, dedication, and a passion for soccer within a highly competitive environment. Our club is dedicated to prepare youth players for the next level whether professional, collegiate, or amateur.
The path toward developing a complete player recognizes different developmental levels and utilizes developmentally appropriate activities toward the goal.
- Technical: A Complete Player masters all aspects of ball control such as dribbling, passing and receiving, ball striking, heading, and tackling.
- Tactical: A Complete Player understands the fundamentals of defending and attacking individually as well as a team. They understand their role on the field in different formations such as 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.
- Character: A Complete Player is a leader on the field who knows how to handle adversity, be a team player, and is respectful to others.
Season Previews by Division and Age Group
The following tables help to set expectations for Blackhawks’ competitive age groups and divisions. While these descriptions may be a general guide, each team’s season plan will vary due to that team’s circumstances.
In 2018 Blackhawks will place most of our 2018 Fall teams in the Twin Cities Soccer League organized under US Club Soccer. Some of our high level teams will be placed in Minnesota Youth Soccer Association and the Midwest Conference of the National League under US Youth Soccer.
Soccer is a team sport requiring commitment from each individual player. The most competitive teams (Premier, C1) require substantial commitment of priority, time, and effort throughout the year. We encourage players who also compete in other sports to consider the level of commitment when registering. Please contact the Director of Coaching if you have questions about appropriate placement.
» Fall League games for all age groups and genders are generally on Saturdays and Sundays, though some flexibility in scheduling exists to fit all games in a very short season
|Fall Training||2 per week||2 per week||2 per week|
|In State Tournament (typ)||Fall Cup||Fall Cup||Fall Cup|
|Estimated team fees||$25||$25||$25|
* See box below for details
C2 and C3 Divisions
|Fall Training||2 per week||2 per week||2 per week|
|In-State Tournament (typ)||Fall Cup||Fall Cup||Fall Cup|
|Estimated Team Fees||$15||$15||$15|
Cost of participation on a Blackhawks team has several components:
- Club Fee: paid to the club at time of registration or utilizing our online automatic payment plan
- Team Fee: paid to the team manager based on the team’s season plan
- Uniform: approximately $85 or $100, purchased independently (see About Uniforms, below)
Club Fee Covers (according to charts above): fall outdoor practice field rental, team coach wages, coach training and mentoring by club professional staff, league dues (MYSA or other league), insurance, match field rental, Fall State Tournament registration, referees and officials, and all club administrative costs. Club Fee Does Not Cover (among other things): uniforms, warm ups, and travel to tournaments.
Financial Assistance: Blackhawks is committed to making soccer affordable to those who need assistance. Award amounts vary depending on need and go toward paying Club fees. They do not cover any of the player’s team fees. If you received an award, you are still responsible for paying: (1) Club Fees not covered by the award; (2) All Team Fees and (3) Uniform costs. You must submit 10% of the Club Fees at the time of registration. Online application for financial assistance can be found on this site at About » Financial Assistance. Financial assistance is made possible through member contributions as a component of dues, individual donations, fundraising.
Only players new to Blackhawks this fall will need to order a new kit. Uniforms for fall season will be available online from soccer.com in early August—approximately $85 (U11) or $100 (U12 and up) for a full kit.
- Each player will receive a personalized link to our online uniform store via email when it opens. This special link entitles Blackhawks pricing, ensures proper jersey numbers and customization, etc.
- With soccer.com, orders are placed and paid for online and delivered directly to players’ homes. (Uniforms are not included in Club Fees)
- Fall 2017 is the final season in our current, two-year kit cycle; we will update to a new kit for the two-year cycle beginning summer 2018
Please contact Dawn Ellerd, Uniform Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.
This program page answers many questions about our competitive program. For other questions, please contact:
- Program questions:
- Registration questions: Dawn Ellerd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions about the club, coaching philosophy, or financial assistance: Viktor Adamcsek, email@example.com