Welcome new and returning players to the 2020 summer league season! This page provides information about:
- Player Registration and Payments
- Financial Assistance
- Key Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Register and pay using the LOGIN button on this page
- On-time registration ends February 5, 2020; team placement after that date will be on “space available” basis
- Pay online using MasterCard/Visa, or by personal check—follow the online instructions
- Registration is first-come, first-served determined by payment receipt date. Registration is not complete until payment is received
- Club Fees are listed below. The Club Fee covers: paid professional coaches, age group training, dues, insurance, field rental fees, referees and officials for league matches, club administrative costs and most team fees which cover festivals, tournaments and other team-specific expenses. Not included in Club Fee: uniforms and team expenses for social activities or tournaments above the amount allocated.
- Watch for an auto-confirmation via email.
|Typical Girls Game Nights||Tue, Thu||Mon, Wed|
|Typical Boys Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tue, Thu|
|Contacts||3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun||3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun|
|Tournaments||Typ. 2 Blackhawks Festivals and
|Typ. 2 Blackhawks Festivals and
|Team Fees||Team decision||Team decision|
Blackhawks is committed to making soccer affordable to all interested players. Approximately 20% of our players are awarded financial assistance each year covering some of the Club Fees. See Financial Assistance for details and application.
- January 3–February 5: Registration and payment period
- January 26: U9–U10 Age Group Evaluations and Uniform Sizing
- February 5: Registration Deadline
- February 20: Summer 2020 teams announced
- Mid March: Team Information Email with Coach and Team Manager Info
- June 1: Practices may begin; Team meetings to be scheduled (held at Orchard Rec Center)
- Mid June: League games may begin
- August 8: Blackhawks Summer Festival (End of summer season)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When and how will I find out which team my player is on? A. We will announce team placements February 20. All players must be registered before they can be placed on a team. If you notify us promptly that you choose not to accept your roster spot, Blackhawks will issue a refund in accordance with our Refund Policy.
Q. What TCSL level will my player participate? A. At each age group, we will place our players and teams in the appropriate TCSL level based on our assessment scores and coaches’ evaluations. We challenge our more developed players at the Red and White levels, while the majority of developmental teams in our club (and in our state) participate at the Blue level. We do our best to make multiple even-strength teams at the Blue level.
Q. Can my player play up an age level? A. We allow U8s to play up at the U9 level, as this is the earliest age that Blackhawks offer traveling soccer. All developmental players (U9–U10) are expected to register and attend their age appropriate evaluations. In some cases, it may be appropriate for a player to play-up an age group. Please contact Chris with questions.
Q. What additional items will the club collect after my player has been assigned to a team? A. After team formation, team managers will collect a player photo for US Club player passes, a medical liability waiver form, birth certificate (proof of age), and team fees. Many formerly team expenses are now included with club fees (registration).
Q. How can I volunteer? A. Volunteers drive the continued success of our Developmental Program. Being a team manager is the most common volunteer position. Blackhawks offers Team Managers a $75 discount on registration fees via reimbursement.
Q. When and how often will teams practice? A. Teams will usually practice one or two times per week, beginning in April and running through the season. TCSL league games (one or two per week) are scheduled between May 2 and July 10. Teams involved in post-league play may extend practices as needed.
Q. What should my player bring to practice? A. Players need soccer cleats and indoor shoes, soccer ball (size 4), water bottle, shin guards, and great sportsmanship.
Q. Do teams play in tournaments? A. U9 and U10 Teams will participate in the Blackhawks Spring/Summer Festival. Each team decides individually if they will participate in an additional tournament, possibly including travel. Tournaments are normally held on weekends and run from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Tournaments may be pre-season (before league play begins), during the season, or post-season (in July after league play ends).
Q. Where is Blackhawks Soccer Center? A. 875 Orchard Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55103
Q. What happens after Evaluations? A. To be placed on a Blackhawks team for the Summer season, players should be registered online (use the LOGIN button on this page). We will email team notifications to the address provided in your Blackhawks Blue Sombrero/sports connect account. You will also receive an informational email from your team manager in early March.
If you have any other questions not answered above about registration or programming, please contact us.
Programs and Coaching Chris Scanlon, firstname.lastname@example.org 651-894-3527
Registration Dawn Ellerd, email@example.com, 612-709-3872
Other helpful people are listed on the Contacts page