Players born 2009–2010
Welcome new and returning players to the 2019 summer league season! This page provides information about:
- Player Registration and Payments
- Financial Assistance
- Key Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Register and pay using the LOGIN button on this page
- On-time registration ends February 5th; team placement after that point will be on “space available” basis
- Pay online using Visa/MasterCard or by check; follow the online instructions.
- Registration is first-come, first-served determined by payment receipt date. Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Club fees are listed below. The club fee covers: paid professional coaches, age group training, TCSL dues, insurance, field rental fees, referees and officials for league matches, club administrative costs and most team fees which cover festivals, tournaments and other team-specific expenses. Not included in Club Fee: uniforms and team expenses for social activities or tournaments above the amount allocated.
- Watch for an auto-confirmation via email.
|Girls Game Nights||Tue, Thu||Mon, Wed|
|Boys Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tue, Thu|
|Contacts||3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun||3 per week, typ. game nights and Sun|
|Tournaments||Typ. 2 Blackhawks Festivals and
|Typ. 2 Blackhawks Festivals and
|Team Fees||Team decision; reduced from previous years||Team decision; reduced from previous years|
Blackhawks is committed to making soccer affordable to all interested players. Approximately 20% of our players are awarded financial assistance each year covering some of the Club Fees. See Financial Assistance for details and application.
- January 3–February 5: Registration and payment period
- January 27: U9–U10 Age Group Evaluations and Uniform Sizing
- February 5: Registration Deadline
- Late February : Summer 2019 teams announced
- Early March: Team Information Email with Coach and Team Manager Info
- Mid-March: Team meetings scheduled (Orchard Rec. Center)
- April 7: Outdoor practices begin (weather permitting)
- May 1: league games may begin
- Early July: league games must end
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When and how will I find out which team my player is on? A. We will announce team placements February 12. All players must be registered before they can be placed on a team. If you notify us promptly that you choose not to accept your roster spot, Blackhawks will issue a refund in accordance with our Refund Policy.
Q. What MYSA level will my player participate? A. At each age group, we will place our players and teams in the appropriate TCSL level based on our assessment scores and coaches’ evaluations. We challenge our more developed players at the Red level, while the majority of developmental teams in our club (and in our state) participate at the White and Blue levels.
Q. Can my player play up an age level? A. We allow U8s to play up at the U9 level, as this is the earliest age that TCSL and Blackhawks offer traveling soccer. All developmental players (U9–U10) are expected to register and attend their age appropriate evaluations. In some cases, it may be appropriate for a player to play-up an age group. Please contact Chris with questions.
Q. What additional items will the club collect after my player has been assigned to a team? A. After team formation, Blackhawks will require a US Club Player Registration form and birth certificate for all players new to the club. Team Managers may need to collect additional team fees based on your individual team plan to cover additional tournaments or expenses determined by the team. Beginning with the 2018 season, many formerly team expenses were now included with club fees (registration) so most of our teams will not have additional expenses.
Q. How can I volunteer? A. Volunteers drive the continued success of our Developmental Program. Being a team manager is the most common volunteer position. Blackhawks offers Team Managers a $75 discount on registration fees via reimbursement.
Q. When and how often will teams practice? A. Teams will usually practice one or two times per week, begin in late March and running through the season. TCSL league games (one or two per week) are scheduled between May 1 and early July. Teams involved in post-league play may extend practices as needed.
Q. What should my player bring to practice? A. Players need soccer cleats and indoor shoes, soccer ball (size 4), water bottle, shin guards, and great sportsmanship.
Q. Do teams play in tournaments? A. U9 and U10 Teams will participate in the Blackhawks Spring/Summer Festival. Each team decides individually if they will participate in an additional tournament, possibly including travel. Tournaments are normally held on weekends and run from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Tournaments may be pre-season (before league play begins), during the season, or post-season (in July after league play ends).
Q. Where is Blackhawks Soccer Center? A. 875 Orchard Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55103
Q. What happens after Evaluations? A. To be placed on a Blackhawks team for the Summer season, players should be registered online (use the LOGIN button on this page). We will email team notifications to the address provided in your Blackhawks Blue Sombrero account. You will also receive an informational email from your team manager in early March.
If you have any other questions not answered above about registration or programming, please contact us.
Programs and Coaching Chris Scanlon, firstname.lastname@example.org 651-894-3527
Registration Dawn Ellerd, email@example.com, 612-709-3872
Other helpful people are listed on the Contacts page
- U5–U11 Girls and Boys Directors (listed under Board of Directors)
- Girls and Boys Age Group Coordinators