programsSaint Paul Blackhawks Soccer Club
Summer League U9-U10
Programs at a Glance
The Summer U9/U10 league runs from mid-April to late June. It is a fun-filled season where the kids are on a team and play 7v7 against teams from around the Twin Cities. Below is some additional inforamation about the U9/U10 Summer League:
- Registration is first-come, first-served determined by payment receipt date. Registration is not complete until payment is received
- The fee covers paid professional coaches, age group training, TCSL dues, insurance, field rental fees, referees and officials for league matches, club administrative costs and most team fees which cover festivals, tournaments and other team-specific expenses.
- Not included in Club Fee: uniforms and team expenses for social activities or tournaments above the amount allocated.
Director of Coaching
- January 9 – February 20: Registration and payment period
- February 5 – Developmental Evaluations – Please visit https://blackhawksoccer.org/developmental-evaluations-u9-u10/ for info
- February 20: Registration Deadline for guaranteed team placement
- Late March: Summer 2023 teams announced with Preliminary Schedules
- Early April: Finalized Schedule with Coach and Team Manager Info
- April 16: Outdoor practices begin (weather permitting)
- April 28 – 29: Capital Classic Tournament- Saint Paul
- May 1: TCSL league games may begin
- June 25: Blackhawks Summer Season Festival
- Late June/Early July – Final League Games
- July 17-20: 2023 Fall Season Evaluations (2014-15 Age Groups)
Developmental Teams U9–U10
|Typical Girls Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tues, Thurs (White Teams Mon/Wed)|
|Typical Boys Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tues, Thurs (White Teams Mon/Wed)|
|Contacts||3 per week (game nights + Sun)||3 per week (game nights + Sun)|
|Club (Registration) Fee||$495||$495|
|Team Fees||Team Decision||Team Decision|
When and how often will teams practice and play games?
Teams will typically meet 3 times a week, beginning in April and running through the season. TCSL league games (one or two per week) are scheduled between May 1 and July 1. Games nights are listed for each age group above. There may be reschedules that occur, but we try to keep a consistent 3 night schedule. Half of the games (Home games) will take in Saint Paul, and half (Away games) will be in or near the metro area. Games typically kickoff between 5:15 & 7pm and last an hour. We receive our game schedules in early April. When teams do not have games, they will have a practice. Please let us know if you have specific scheduling questions. We know that kids are very busy during the summer and that families will have conflicts. We just ask that conflicts are communicated to your coach and updated on team snap.
When and how will I find out which team my player is on?
We will announce team placements in Late March. All players must be registered before they can be placed on a team. If you notify us within 48 hours of the roster announcement that you choose not to accept your roster spot, Blackhawks will issue a refund.
What TCSL level will my player participate?
At each age group, we will place our players and teams in the appropriate TCSL level based on our assessment scores and coaches’ evaluations. We challenge our more developed players at the Red and White levels, while the majority of developmental teams in our club (and in our state) participate at the Blue level. We do our best to make multiple even-strength teams at the Blue level.
Can my player play up an age level?
We allow U8s to play up at the U9 level, as this is the earliest age that Blackhawks offer traveling soccer. All developmental players (U9–U10) are expected to register and attend their age appropriate evaluations. In some cases, it may be appropriate for a player to play-up an age group. Please contact Chris with questions.
What additional items will the club collect after my player has been assigned to a team?
After team formation, team managers will collect a player photo for US Club player passes, a medical liability waiver form, birth certificate (proof of age), and team fees. Many formerly team expenses are now included with club fees (registration).
How can I volunteer?
Volunteers drive the continued success of our Developmental Program. Being a team manager is the most common volunteer position. Blackhawks offers Team Managers a $50 discount on registration fees via reimbursement.
What should my player bring to practice?
Players need soccer cleats and indoor shoes, soccer ball (size 4), water bottle, shin guards, and great sportsmanship.
Do teams play in tournaments?
U9 and U10 Teams will participate in the April Capital Classic and the June Blackhawks Summer Festival. Each team decides individually if they will participate in an additional tournament.
What happens after Evaluations?
To be placed on a Blackhawks team for the Summer season, players need to register. We will email team notifications to the address provided in your Blackhawks SportsConnect account. You will also receive an informational email from your team manager in Late March.