Summer League U9-U10
Programs at a Glance
The summary below describes the U9/U10 Summer League.
- Registration is first-come, first-served determined by payment receipt date. Registration is not complete until payment is received
- Club Fees are listed below. The Club Fee covers: paid professional coaches, age group training, TCSL dues, insurance, field rental fees, referees and officials for league matches, club administrative costs and most team fees which cover festivals, tournaments and other team-specific expenses. Not included in Club Fee: uniforms and team expenses for social activities or tournaments above the amount allocated.
- January 11 – February 17: Registration and payment period
- February 17: Registration Deadline for guaranteed team placement
- March 9: Summer 2022 teams announced
- Late March: Team Information Email with Coach and Team Manager Info
- April 18: Outdoor practices begin (weather permitting)
- April 29- May 1 Capital Classic Tournament- Saint Paul
- May 2: TCSL league games may begin
- July 10: End of Season Festival
- July 18-21: Fall Season Evaluations (2013-14 Age Groups)
Developmental Teams U9–U10
|Typical Girls Game Nights||Tues, Thurs||Mon, Wed|
|Typical Boys Game Nights||Mon, Wed||Tues, Thurs|
|Contacts||3 per week (game nights + Sun)||3 per week (game nights + Sun)|
|Club (Registration) Fee||$495||$495|
|Team Fees||Team Decision||Team Decision|
When and how will I find out which team my player is on?
We will announce team placements March 4th. All players must be registered before they can be placed on a team. If you notify us within 48 hours of the roster announcement that you choose not to accept your roster spot, Blackhawks will issue a refund.
What TCSL level will my player participate?
At each age group, we will place our players and teams in the appropriate TCSL level based on our assessment scores and coaches’ evaluations. We challenge our more developed players at the Red and White levels, while the majority of developmental teams in our club (and in our state) participate at the Blue level. We do our best to make multiple even-strength teams at the Blue level.
Can my player play up an age level?
We allow U8s to play up at the U9 level, as this is the earliest age that Blackhawks offer traveling soccer. All developmental players (U9–U10) are expected to register and attend their age appropriate evaluations. In some cases, it may be appropriate for a player to play-up an age group. Please contact Chris with questions.
What additional items will the club collect after my player has been assigned to a team?
After team formation, team managers will collect a player photo for US Club player passes, a medical liability waiver form, birth certificate (proof of age), and team fees. Many formerly team expenses are now included with club fees (registration).
How can I volunteer?
Volunteers drive the continued success of our Developmental Program. Being a team manager is the most common volunteer position. Blackhawks offers Team Managers a $50 discount on registration fees via reimbursement.
When and how often will teams practice?
Teams will usually practice one or two times per week, beginning in April and running through the season. TCSL league games (one or two per week) are scheduled between May 2 and July 3.
What should my player bring to practice?
Players need soccer cleats and indoor shoes, soccer ball (size 4), water bottle, shin guards, and great sportsmanship.
Do teams play in tournaments?
U9 and U10 Teams will participate in the Capital Classic and the Blackhawks Summer Festival. Each team decides individually if they will participate in an additional tournament.
What happens after Evaluations?
To be placed on a Blackhawks team for the Summer season, players need to register. We will email team notifications to the address provided in your Blackhawks SportsConnect account. You will also receive an informational email from your team manager in early March.